Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All:

I am not a KLR 650 owner, but I am seriously considering it. I am joing here to learn as much about it as possible.

My wife is enrolled in a Basic Rider Class which I am taking with her (I have ridden for years, but I figure it will still be benificial!) She has expressed interest in her own bike, but wants me to to get a bike of my own that she can possible get on with me from time to time. I have not heard about how the KLR handles in a 2Up configuration, if at all. I know most all bikes have passenger foot pegs, but it doesn't mean that is recommended! haha

Any info along those lines to start would be great!

Thx!

Curtis

·
Registered
527 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on taking the riding course. Regardless of experience I believe you can always learn something that may save you. My wife rides also. It is a double edged sword. It is great that she rides but it costs double on everything!! :)

I don't have much two up experience with the KLR, just short local stuff. I think others will have better advice.

Good luck on the decision.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Looks good, brother. Mom's side of the family is from Salem. I've ridden ALL over your part of the country. :) Enjoy. Wave at the little kids on the back of the big Hogs, 'cause that used to be me (when I wasn't tearing around the pole barn on a trail 50). :character00201:

My grandfather was BJ Lance. I only mention that because he introduced himself to everyone he ever saw anyplace in the world. No joke. I've met people who knew him before in the strangest of places.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts