Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

So the wife and I are buying a house, which means I get my bike. I have about a 20 min drive to work, and a ton of trails. I have been looking at many, many, dual sport bikes, I have decided to go with the KLR 650. As many have stated, its not great on the road and not great on the dirt, but its good at both. I plan on saving money during the winter and see what i can get late winter or early spring. I am hopping to have at least 2500 bucks, if I don't find what I want I will just buy new. Hope to learn a ton before I do purchase my 650. Yes I thought about the 250 but I do want to go on highways and I don't think the 250 would be good for a 5'10" 200 lbser. Then again I could be wrong. Anyway, any others in the Kansas City Area hit me up please.

Thanks,
Delta Wolf

·
Registered
901 Posts
:bike:

Welcome to our little insane asylum! For the most part, the patients here are good natured and we don't bite...

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
If you're also into Facebook, check out our 7,000 member group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/klrmoto/

It dovetails well with this group, IME. FB is a rolling venue so one needs a solid searchable group, of which this is the best, for reference. Some of the "old guard" here are not into new fangled media like FB so that's another reason to choose both. ;-)

I'm about to get smacked for the "old" reference to off to hide. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts