Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my 2012 Blu/white KLR650 are 500 miles into our new friendship in Ventura County, SoCal. I love to ride and have owned tons of bikes. This is my first Kawi and so far so good! I'm 51 years old and (not really) counting - I'm riding to work and for fun. So far just getting used to "New Blue" - Throttle-meister control, pro-taper hi-rise ATV bars, blue pro grip 714's, handlebar and tail bags from Kawi, Hi windscreen (for commuting.) No defects (in the bike!) but I did drop it - bent the stock bars (rats) and broke the little bolt below the peg. Anyway the new bars are better - taller and less vibration! 46MPG so far and worlds away from the 100 hp, 120 mph, 700 lb HD street king (predecessor) - I'm loving my bike and my GF is too (except for the freeway!)

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Good Afternoon Handymanrw,

Welcome to the forum. Since I have joined I have learned quite a bit about my 2007. I know that you will finds more information than you ever thought possible on the KLR. The individual members are extremely helpful and can always point you in the right direction.

Snakeboy66

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Hey Handymanrw,

What timing! Welcome. I will be riding down to Ventura July 6th. Born, and raised, but live up here now. Great places to ride down there!

Take care, and ride safe!

MB4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts