Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Greetings from Canada. I am the proud new owner of a "brand new" 2011 Burnt Orange (must be faster than Red) KLR 650.

Still have a ZX14 and a 100HP 820cc Brute Force in my garage, but bought the KLR to enjoy some long distance touring. I rode the ZX out to the Cabot trail a few years ago,. 5400km over 14 days and that was the trigger for the decision to buy the KLR.

I am NOW at a point in my life where bigger better faster is not as important to me :)

Would like to hear from other 11 owners, especially those that have done some of the popular mods. I am very curious as to whether the .22 mod is applicable to the 11's. I am still in break in, just over 400km since I brought it home Thursday but man oh man this thing feels sluggish as heck! Comfy, handles great, but brakes like a lawn tractor and accelerates like same.

Ride safe all.

Tom

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
.22 cent mod is applicable to all yrs. there hasnt been that much of a change to the bikes since 87 so asking for 011 owners only is kind of pointless. we are all riding the same machine...give or take.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well ultimately I guess that was the question, whether or not Kawy had changed anything in more recent models. I guss not, so thanks.

.22 cent mod is applicable to all yrs. there hasnt been that much of a change to the bikes since 87 so asking for 011 owners only is kind of pointless. we are all riding the same machine...give or take.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
nope. bout the only thing to change has been cosmetics. welcome to the forums

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome to the forum, the best thing you can do is stay off your other rides for awhile and the KLR won't feel so bad, Ha!:c0125:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
yeah i took a 6000 mile trip last year on a k1200lt bmw as soon as i got back i jumped on the klr and i felt like i was on a tinker toy. anyway i love my klr and i wouldnt change it for any other bike.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts