Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I recently became the owner of a 2008 KLR. I have ridden two wheels of all sorts throughout my life and have not had a moto in a few years. I still ride anything with two wheels and I am excited to get back into it and enjoy the places the KLR can go that my last bike(Suzuki SV650) could not.

I am in Richmond, VA and would love to meet up with some local riders to hit the parkway or the Shenandoah Valley. The bike is fully kitted with panniers, so I am up for some longer adventures if anyone wants to hit the mountains.

I look forward to meeting up and riding. My bike is coming out of the shop today after getting the Eagle Mike dohickey upgrade and removal of the rats nest from the air box.

·
Administrator
3,630 Posts
Welcome!! That’s one ugly air box. Did the bike run with all that in it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Surprisingly enough, it actually did. The throttle response was slow compared to what it is now after replacing the filter and cleaning everything out. The shop found it due to the fact that they could not get it started and called to see if I had been riding it.

Time for some fall riding!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Great picture! Glad your house guests were sent packing. Makes me want a pet snake...I had a Camaro in a barn near a field that I thought would be fun to grow peanuts in. When I finally tore the car down, the rockers were filled with peanuts and seat cushion stuffing. It was a bummer.

I'm in Virginia and prowl around Richmond every weekend. I can't scream about my availability as a riding buddy, but having one does make a trip more fun! On weekends I'm expected to completely adore my non-riding sweetheart and do so gladly. I'll be looking for you! The "you've been spotted" part of the forum needs entries!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right on, I work from home with a pretty flexible work schedule, so any time you want to get out for a ride let me know. I am around the Willow Lawn area.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Watch the oil levels very closely. I have an 08 that started burning A LOT of oil and had to put a 685 kit in and that is a common issue.

Congrats on the bike!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watch the oil levels very closely. I have an 08 that started burning A LOT of oil and had to put a 685 kit in and that is a common issue.

Congrats on the bike!
How many miles did you have on your bike when you noticed the oil consumption increase? This bike has 12,000 miles on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts