1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello...
A.C. here
just brought a 2004 KLR 650 home today!

Been riding since 87 off and on, mostly my 1995 klr 250.

The 650 has 11,000 miles it originally started it's trek from Alaska (titled).

I looking for a basic list of everything I should do or mods I should consider.

Planning on Highway miles...
gotta replace clutch lever and handguards...
other than that considering a more road tire, I have seen a set of michelin Sirac? on Ebay
also need new grips... even with gloves right hand started to tingle from Vibration.

I also need new pads or should I go with new discs and pads?

Glad this Forum is here... get ready for alot of questions as I plan on riding this All the time.
Maybe heated grips.

I am mechanically inclined and work as an Electrical Technician in a manufacturing environment.

Thanks for having me
A.C.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like you bring good creds to the forum. You might try riding without the handguards for awhile if you're doing mostly street. I much prefer that. Got gloves on anyway so the occasional bug is not an issue. Cold either (here).

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Hey, congrats on the 650 A.C.... I think you are really going to enjoy it.

As for a basic list of needed mods, here is a good link to get you started on about anything that would need to be done to it:
http://www.klr650.marknet.us/pdfdownloads.html

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome,
I'm in Brodhead, WI (south of Madison 30 miles). Good to see another cheesehead sign up.:16a:
AA

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Wisconsin isn't so special.. All the cool people move to IL from WI.. (and then spend every weekend in Brodhead, working on KLR's and riding for breakfast meats. :)

Welcome to the forum!
I was a 33 year resident of WI, and still work just north of the border in Beloit.

Ignore Double A. He'll make you buy breakfast.:character00271:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello spider,

Rhinelander checking in here. New red 07. 850 miles on er.
sorry I didn't say hi back Hodag... didn't know if you really existed or not.

;)
I have an Uncle up that way... hows the weather?
We just got Rain this weekend hopefully the week will clear again...
it's easy to almost be late for work when your enjoying the ride in!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well the hodag exists fur sure. And it likes budweiser...cold that is. And it also LOVES KLR's. Talk about beautiful country to own one. Now over 1000 miles.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
checking in from big bend, wi. got a 2001 klr 650 with only 4,000 miles on it. once i got a convertible, the bike kinda went away. but last year i got it tuned up and ready to go. now i will not neglect it anymore!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
checking in from big bend, wi. got a 2001 klr 650 with only 4,000 miles on it. once i got a convertible, the bike kinda went away. but last year i got it tuned up and ready to go. now i will not neglect it anymore!
Welcome back!!

If you head north, look out for the Hodags as mentioned.. I barely escaped with my life, just yesterday morning..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts