Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

I've been checking out the forums for a while and I finally horse traded myself into a KLR. I have a Vulcan 1600 that I have been riding (still own) but being in Alaska I wanted to access more in the way of fire roads etc. Its a 2008 and it has seen its share of use. It has had two owners and has a total of 35,900 miles on it. It had a 685 kit put in it at about 22,000 miles. It looks like it has had some bubba-fied mods (heated hand grips basically taped on the outside of the grip.) repainted from blue plastics to black and the silver tank was plastidipped with grey paint. The front left plastic has a crack and the left rear is also cracked. It has crash bars and rear racks. It runs strong, no smoke or leaks and shifts good. I won't know how well it really melts until the snow melts come spring. I look forward to wrenching on it and fixing it up. I'll definitely be checking out this board for help and tips.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello-

I've been checking out the forums for a while and I finally horse traded myself into a KLR. I have a Vulcan 1600 that I have been riding (still own) but being in Alaska I wanted to access more in the way of fire roads etc. Its a 2008 and it has seen its share of use. It has had two owners and has a total of 35,900 miles on it. It had a 685 kit put in it at about 22,000 miles. It looks like it has had some bubba-fied mods (heated hand grips basically taped on the outside of the grip.) repainted from blue plastics to black and the silver tank was plastidipped with grey paint. The front left plastic has a crack and the left rear is also cracked. It has crash bars and rear racks. It runs strong, no smoke or leaks and shifts good. I won't know how well it really melts until the snow melts come spring. I look forward to wrenching on it and fixing it up. I'll definitely be checking out this board for help and tips.
Welcome from Texas. I've visited Alaska quite a few times, absolutely beautiful place. The locals always give me a hard time about it being bigger than Texas. Hehe. I would love to get my KLR up there sometime and do some riding. Congrats on the KLR!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome Tarsyn

Just wanted to say hi from another Alaskan KLR owner. The KLR is a great bike for running around in this state, you made a good choice. My KLR is in Washington State right now however. I rode it down there as a one-way trip and haven't gotten around to bringing it back. I have a vStrom here but when you get on the Denali Highway or Hatcher Pass road it is just not quite as fun as the KLR. Anyway welcome to the forum!
Gary

1 - 6 of 6 Posts