Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have an '09 KLR I have ridden hard since it was new. Still find myself amazed that such an overweight, underpowered, under-suspended pig of a "dirt bike" can actually accomplish so much! I love it, and will always own one. Looking forward to learning more of how to get the most out of it on this site.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums! :)
The KLR is indeed a jack of all trades bike, I think that's why it has a near cult following. :bike:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I don't ride my KLR like a dirt bike. More like a gravel and asphalt runner. I really enjoy it the little I ride it.

Reactions: bcmann

·
Registered
901 Posts
I ride my KLR like (in my humble opinion) it was designed to be ridden - over pretty much anything and everything, with the understanding that it's not a "true" dirt bike or a "true" pavement princess... It's more like the ATV of the motorcycle world, and mine gets used extensively.

For as many "digs" as people give the KLR, Kawasaki must have done something right - otherwise how do you explain the longevity of the bike with only a few minor changes to the design? Not to mention the cult-like following that was mentioned previously by 650Stew...

Yeah, when I first swung a leg over my KLR and took her for a ride, it was like coming back to an old friend (because I grew up riding enduros back in the 70s and 80s).

I accept the limitations the KLR has, and I'm fine with them. I still ride my KLR more often than the other "riders" who I work with - mainly because their "pavement princesses" are scared of a little road grime and rain, and they don't want to ride when the weather might be a little "iffy".

Me? I ride!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts