Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of, "Hi" to all. I do not own a KLR (yet) but joined this forum to learn more about the bikes. I feel as if I know all I need to know, because I am planning to purchase a KLR650 this spring.

The only variable is whether to buy a new one or a used one.

I currently drive a Suzuki GS, but there has been something appealing for me about the KL650 for quite some time. Maybe it's the do-anything image that I find appealing. At any rate, 90% of my riding is in the city, back and forth to work and running errands. I have heard, and I actually believe, that the KLR is just about the best all around bike that can be had.

I learned to ride a Harley, back when I was a police officer and went to motor school. I also rode KZ 1000 Police Special for a while, which was a lot of fun compared to the tired Harleys. I rode the wheel for 6 months, then was promoted to Detective. I waited 20 years to get back on a bike, and one of my biggest regrets is waiting so long. I've been riding my GS for 2 years now, and my wife is going to take over that bike. Hence, my plans to acquire a KLR 650.

Looking forward to getting to know many of you.

RevRoy

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Roy. My first motorcycle was a Dual Sport (XT 350) with many other motorcycles to follow. My KLR always puts a smile on my face and takes the tension out of my neck after work.

I noticed that you're from the Kansas City area. I was born in Independence, Mo. My father and my uncle used to be police officers in Raytown. I still get to missing the beauty of the country around there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts