Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some recommendations on CHEAP helmet cams. I was thinking of this one (I-Kam Xtreme Video Camera Eyewear) just not sure if they will fit inside my helmet (full face no goggles). Let me know what you think, just like my bike I would like something that is Dual Purpouse and thought these glasses would work for many outdoor adventures.

Thanks
"Put a little Gravel in your Travel"
"When the PAVEMENT ENDS - Dual Sports Begin"

·
Registered
303 Posts
I wouldn't plan on fitting much of anything INSIDE my helmet. You could get one of the many keychain, miniature, spy, whatever cameras on ebay and just stick it to the helmet with some 3M VHB.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
Getting into this thread a little late I know, but I just wanted to say that I have a pair of those video sunglasses and they're pretty much crap ;). Operation of the glasses is clunky and unreliable and the video from them is not very good. Money would be better spent on some sort of camera that affixes to the helmet itself or the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If you do mount with anything like sticky tape etc make sure you also use a short piece of paracord or similar so when that stuff lets go, and it will, you don't lose the cam

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
Looking for some recommendations on CHEAP helmet cams.
A "CHEAP" camera is exactly that - cheap. You get what you pay for and it seems the lower the price the greater the frustration.

I bought one of these on eBay and although it works and the video isn't too bad it is lacking in a lot of things.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Brand-New-Mini-Hidden-Web-Spy-Camera-DV-DVR-Sports-Video-Camera-MD80-720p-/150918530000?pt=US_Surveillance_Digital_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item23237203d0#ht_4322wt_1398

I was considering one of these but after reading some reviews about the on/off switch my search continues.

http://delkin.com/i-7579051-wingmanhd-waterproof-action-camera.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts