Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ’08 KLR650 (Blue is Best) and the helmet lock fell off (screws apparently weren’t tightened and fell out). I doubt if its possible to get a “like” keyed but can anyone recommend a source to get a replacement that would bolt right on?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Your local Kawasaki dealer will be the best source on this unless you find a used one.

Did you use the lock??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply. I will check with the dealer. Just thought maybe someone had already gone through this before.

I do use the lock quite often as I ride to work and for any other errand every chance I get so I park in public spaces.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It wouldn't take a cat burgler to remove a helmet from that lock. Plus you can't use it if you have luggage. I bought a cable lock. I lock the helmet to the rear rack. It would take a little better burgler to get it off. I'm betting they cost just a fraction of getting a new lock from a dealer and you would still have to go to a locksmith to get it change for one key.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the suggestions. I think I'll go with a cable lock. The helmet lock only helps keep the "honest" people honest anyways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts