Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have hard cases on my KLR, so my helmet lock is not accessible. Has anyone relocated theirs or added another one?

Let me know what you've done and if you added one, where you got it.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Same problem here. I never used the helmet lock anyway. Take my helmet with me or put it in my top box if there is room.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I used to use my helmet lock but now Pennsylvania does not require helmet so I figure the chances of my helmet getting stolen have gone down dramatically. And if it does get stolen at least I can ride home legally

sent from my computer by frantically poking at the keyboard with a single finger

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
I have a 24" long 1/4" cable in a vinyl sheath with a small loop on the end attached to the luggage rack in front of my tail box. It loops around the box when not in use. I have several locks keyed alike that I can use for various needs. I can lock the helmet on the seat with that cable so it is not pointed up to catch rain. Also, I can run the cable through the jacket and lock both the jacket and helmet. It works well for me.

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
When I had my panniers on I used to just use the pannier padlock. Ran the helmet ring on the hasp and closed it.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
I take my helmet with me. That said, I have used stock helmet locks. If I was going to be leaving my lid with the bike on a regular basis, I'd have a cable that goes through it as mentioned.

Cable through a full face helmet is pretty secure. Helmets don't seem to get stolen a lot, but anything that involves locking through the d-ring requires only a sharp knife if someone really wants your helmet. And is willing to fix it.

I leave mine on the mirror if I'm just gonna be away for a few minutes. Never had a helmet stolen. I leave my gloves sometimes, too. Probably stupid, but it is what it is. So far, so good.

·
Registered
67 Posts
was wondering where i was going to put my helmet lock after i installed some panniers. to my surprise the tusk panniers came with a spot to fasten the stock helmet lock....not real good for traveling with a second helmet tho. lol

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts