Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to by a new helmet, but I'm concerned about the sizing. I was wondering what are some of the common mistakes in sizing and are certain brands prone to be smaller or larger than head measurements. My head measures at about 23 inches, which seems like wasted space for such few brain cells.

Also, I live in a smaller community and we don't have much of a motorcycle shop with variety, so my purchase will probably be made online.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I sell helmets and know most helmet shapes. Do you have a picture of your head? What helmet do you have now and size?

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I want to by a new helmet, but I'm concerned about the sizing. I was wondering what are some of the common mistakes in sizing and are certain brands prone to be smaller or larger than head measurements. My head measures at about 23 inches, which seems like wasted space for such few brain cells.

Also, I live in a smaller community and we don't have much of a motorcycle shop with variety, so my purchase will probably be made online.

Spend some time on webBikeWorld's helmet section lot's of good info and reviews.

Here's their Helmet FAQ that goes into fit and head shapes.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have a picture of your head? What helmet do you have now and size?
Yes I have some, but they're ugly. LoL... It measure about 23 inches.
I'll have to attach them later. I don't have an app to attach them with my phone.

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
While I usually don't pay much attention to customer reviews on large sites like motorcyclesuperstore, etc. I've found that when buying stuff like jackets and helmets, you can get a pretty good consensus on whether certain products run large or small.

If several people comment that something was too small and they had to return it for a larger size, it's most likely the case. It seems to happen a lot.

A lot of the larger sites recognize this sizing disparity and will offer your first return due to a sizing problem for free so you can swap it for a different size at no additional cost to you if it doesn't fit.

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
I'm just in the process of buying helmets myself and will likely buy online as the prices here are crazy for like product. I did however take the time to go into a shop an hour away to try some helmets on for sizing. Because we need them for our Goldwing we decided to go with the Nolan.

Do some research, pick a brand and then see if you can try them on somewhere before you pull the trigger on an online purchase. The Revzilla site has an excellent video for helmet sizing.

Being in the USA you have better advantages than me buying in Canada as to returns. I don't want that hassle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts