Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a helmet with a blue tooth built in? Just wondering if they are worth the money or is there another option.

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
I bought an O'Neal Fastrack Element BT helmet last year and just sold it. Everything on it worked as advertised except I couldn't hear anything past 45 MPH.....may be just old age on my part though! At the end of the day I realized that I really didn't want to talk on the phone, listen to music (mono with the O'Neal BTW), or have GPS commands barked at me while riding. For me it defeated why I saddled up to ride in the first place. If you are serious others here have reported better systems for that and will probably chime in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A few years ago I bought a bluetooth dongle off e-bay after reading a review on ADV rider. Google BT-019 bluetooth.

The cost is about $15, it's re-chargeable, has FM built in, and you can just jam the belt clip in-between the helmet foam and the helmet shell. I leave mine on my helmet all the time. You can also plug into it with a headphone plug if you don't want to do bluetooth such as on longer rides where using bluetooth will really drain the battery on the sending device unless it is hard-wired to your bike's battery.

Hearing anything at speed is indeed the problem. Sometimes I use the Koss foam earplugs speakers, but I tend to just plan on listening only when going off road or on dirt roads where the speed is slower. In that case I wear regular earplugs and use speakers I installed in my helmet and crank up the volume.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I've had the chatterbox xbi2 for 2 years and it works great. I also am an authorized seller for chatterbox. No problems with hearing at freeway speeds either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts