Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 93 klr. Love the way it rides but not to fond of how it looks. I'd really like to do a supermoto style project. So my first question is... Has anyone heard of a company that makes an aftermarket seat for this model? Maybe someone hacked up the stock seat and made it cool?... Second, will the plastics or tank off any other models fit on my 93? Third and final, I want to beef up the front suspension do I need to buy after market triple trees or can I run some from another model?

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Hi ihenderson!
The klr650 was essentially the same from 1987 to 2007 with some minor upgrades along the way. For seats check out Sargent Cycle Products(I own two)
Corbin(some say too hard) or Seat Concepts.
As to the front forks ...I grafted a set of KX450 48 mm inverted KYB forks onto my 2003. I was able to use the KX triples with a custom built stem but realistically the aftermarket triples are the way to go. Emig racing had a set for around $500 for the KLR which enabled you to use the KLR front wheel and instrument cluster if I remember correctly. You can't do this with the KX triples as the spacing between the fork tubes is not wide enough. Fuel tanks and other
Accessories abound for the KLR and remember Google is your friend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts