Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im a short guy and the 250 is my first bike so i looked around and had the local shop find me a lowering dog bones. they could not find one for the 250 but there are many for the 650.

what im trying to find out is the length diff form the stock to the lowering dog bone.

so i can take that diff and add it to my 250 stock length when i machine new ones form scratch. i am thinking of making it out of 420 stainless steel or is alum strong enough?

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Young182

http://www.koubalink.com/KLR250.html

A bit spendy ($85) in my opinion, but they don't look like the simple, flat pieces used on the KLR and what's your time worth, so...

Otherwise, there's a way to set the bike up on a jack with the links off and figure out what the change in length needs to be, but I need to be looking at a linkage to figure it out.

Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks tom that was very helpful. the price is no problem for me but if you were to give me the deemintions that just would of gave me a neat little project to work on on my free time at work.

ill let you know how i like them when i get them.

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
young182 -

I can't give you the dimensions, I could only describe the process to figure it out. I'd have to be looking at the bike to get it right in my head, though, and I can't do that because I'm off to Hawaii!

Oh, yeah...

Tom

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Have a good trip, Tom. :35a:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh ya any tips on how to remove the stock dog bones.

they look like they are held in place with snap rings, ikd.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just ordered me up a pair.
It looks like you slid the forks up the triple tubes too?
How much did you do the forks and how does it handle?

·
Administrator
8,257 Posts
Young182 -

Hey, the bike looks great! I hope those links work well for you.

Tom

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i bought the bike already with the forks slid up like that and road it for a year like that.Now with the links i can kick start it with out standing on the foot peg while the kick stand is down. The bike handles nice too not much diff in feel.

more mods on the way.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Favor, pls. Measure seat height with bike upright. Want to put my trophy wife on a KLR250 or Sherpa but height is a problem. No way to get a 650 low enough. Thanks.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im 5'4" and 130lbs with a 30in inch in seam. i stand on the balls of my feet at rest and it pertty cumffy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts