Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help guys. My wife said I can finally take the plunge and buy a used KLR. We are selling a Toyota Corolla for the funds. When it finally sells (not so easy in this market) I'll have cash to buy from an individual. Until then I'm looking for one I can finance.

If anyone knows of any dealerships or shops where I can finance a KLR near St. Louis please let me know. If anyone wants a Corolla let me know. I have it for sale on craigslist and not one person has asked about it. I also have a Yamaha RT 100.

Thanks for any help. I'm not going another year without a KLR, or any bike for that matter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey, Congrats on the KLR. I'm in the St. Louis area also. Hoping to do some off road trips this summer. Stay in touch.

Also, if you're not locked in on that KLR there is a red '07 for sale at the BMW dealership on 170. I almost bought it myself but I found an '08 in South County with 10k less miles and 800 dollars cheaper. I think they wanted 4500 out the door for the red one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey PistolPete ! I found my KLR a while ago. Your name caught my attention. Just out of curiosity will I be seeing you at this years ZCON? I would like to bring the KLR but I don't think it's reasonable with all the stuff I have to haul down there. Small world huh?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey PistolPete ! I found my KLR a while ago. Your name caught my attention. Just out of curiosity will I be seeing you at this years ZCON? I would like to bring the KLR but I don't think it's reasonable with all the stuff I have to haul down there. Small world huh?
Ha! Small world. Yeah, I was thinking of taking the KLR to z-con, but between the stuff I need to take for my reloading seminar and range day, I don't think I can get everything to fit, 'specially since I don't have bags yet. I was able to strap my hockey gear on it yesterday (the sticks stuck out 3' behind me!) but I don't think cops would appreciate carrying rifles that way. :)

Very cool, it's nice to know another local person with a KLR. See ya in a few days!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok now I'm interested. What is zcon. And gratz on the new klr. I also looked at the BMW dealer on 170. But I found a great deal on craigslst.

·
Registered
9 Posts
zcon is short for Zombiecon. It's the annual get away hosted by Zombie Squad, and organization I volunteer with. We use zombies as a metaphor for real disasters and reach out to a different demographic than the Red Cross is typically able to reach. We do seminars and try to get people to think about disaster preparedness. We figure if you're ready for your neighbor to rise from the dead and try to eat your brains, you'll be ready for an earthquake or a tornado or whatever nature can throw at you. :)

But zcon is our yearly get away. We filter our own water, do pertinent seminars, have a range day and haul out a generator and projector and show zombie movies at night. It's a lot of fun. If you're in the St Louis area you should come to one of our meetings or events. STL is the biggest chapter. We have a number of dual sport riders.

And enough for the thread hijack. If you are curious about ZS, check out the link in my sig.

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
zcon is short for Zombiecon. It's the annual get away hosted by Zombie Squad, and organization I volunteer with. We use zombies as a metaphor for real disasters and reach out to a different demographic than the Red Cross is typically able to reach. We do seminars and try to get people to think about disaster preparedness. We figure if you're ready for your neighbor to rise from the dead and try to eat your brains, you'll be ready for an earthquake or a tornado or whatever nature can throw at you. :)

But zcon is our yearly get away. We filter our own water, do pertinent seminars, have a range day and haul out a generator and projector and show zombie movies at night. It's a lot of fun. If you're in the St Louis area you should come to one of our meetings or events. STL is the biggest chapter. We have a number of dual sport riders.

And enough for the thread hijack. If you are curious about ZS, check out the link in my sig.
I don't want to hijack the thread either, but I gotta say that Zcon thing sounds freaking awesome! :46:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts