Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you recommend for the KLR to do service on it. Buy a hydraulic floor jack, or add spools and use a lift/stand? I don't want a center stand for fear it will bet mangled off road. Thoughts?

·
Administrator
3,568 Posts
My centerstand has never given me a problem in the 12 years it’s been on there in all types of terrain. Also have a bike lift for when I want to get it higher off the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
To each their own; I can't stand centerstands for the extra weight and reduced ground clearance plus they stress out the already week footpeg mounting bolts. Spools (I didn't even know what they were until last year) are a street bike thing and will also get abused offroad IMO. I have a couple different jacks I use;

Dave

·
Registered
623 Posts
If you find spools and a stand, I'd be interested. I have a jack but would like a stand. Spools are easy to take off and put on, at least the ones I've seen.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a lift like the first picture in Dpelletier's post; lets me get the bike up to a nice working height, and I can wheel the bike around the garage if I need to. Been happy with it so far.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Lift?

I use a jack too. I made my own skid plate, and made sure it had a real flat bottom. Really helps keep the bike nice and stable when on the lift. Not all skid plates have a flat bottom. Makes it hard to have stable mounting surface.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I used to hang mine from the rafters in my garage using rathet straps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts