Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I come here or select a new topic page, I end up at the bottom of the page instead of the top, Why? How to fix?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
It does it to me everytime. There must be a global setting that the Admin could correct.

Is it a problem? Not really. Is it an inconvenience? Yep!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Dark blue tool bar at the top of your page to the right...

Click on "Quick Links"

Under User Control Panel
Click on "Edit Options"

Scroll down to Thread Display Options (3rd box down) and change your status to "Newest Post First"....Or whatever your preference!

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Thanks Swish.

I did not have this problem until I became a moderator and until tonight I had not ever changed that setting. Can you check and see what the default is for a new account? Thank you.

Tim

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Now it has the posts inverted or the newest at the top. Guess that what Linear to the top means. It is still not correct. someone had to make a global change that is affecting everyone. There is a solution though it would be with administrative rights.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Tim,
I don't think it had anything to do with your change of becoming a moderator. It's only been an issue for a couple months..

I'm not blaming Swish, though.. She's mean!!!

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
I'm sorry if I confused everyone...it's just that...well.....

I got it wrong. I thought he was asking for something else.

Hey Paper,

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Well it is still making me this happy :mad0235:

Paper you must be right. Maybe if we offered her :11a:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Dark blue tool bar at the top of your page to the right...

Click on "Quick Links"

Under User Control Panel
Click on "Edit Options"

Scroll down to Thread Display Options (3rd box down) and change your status to "Newest Post First"....Or whatever your preference!

Done.
Kinda bass ackwards now.
But still scoots to the bottom of the page.
No fix original problem.

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Admin, maybe it would help if you logged in as a New User. Sometimes the admin rights given will over ride these problems.

Thanks,

Tim

·
Administrator
396 Posts
Admin, maybe it would help if you logged in as a New User. Sometimes the admin rights given will over ride these problems.

Thanks,

Tim
I can't seem to repeat the error. :(

Is everyone experiencing this problem with IE 7+?
Can you guys try browsing the site for a bit while logged out and seeing if it still happens?

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
I can't seem to repeat the error. :(

Is everyone experiencing this problem with IE 7+?
Can you guys try browsing the site for a bit while logged out and seeing if it still happens?
Good suggestion. I wll do this later today.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I logged off and the following happened...

I clicked on the "suggestions" forum (all good) and then clicked on this topic.. It opened up right at the top as it should. I then clicked on the "Kawasaki KLR forum" to take me back to the front page and it loaded and dropped me right down to the bottom of the page. (not good)

I then scrolled to the top of the page and logged in, and as soon as it loaded I was again at the bottom of the page. (not good)

While typing this, I opened a second window (back to good) and after clicking this topic it opened at the top (good).. I clicked on the "forum news" button on the top of the page and it dropped me to the bottom again (not good)..

It's not every time, but over 50% of the time it'll open pages at the bottom.

So, being logged in doesn't seem to matter.

--------------------------------------------

I tried to post this as a quick post and it sat there and thought about it for a long time.. I gave up and clicked "advanced" and it opened, sat at the top of the page for a second, and then dropped to the bottom again..:mad0235:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts