Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Mitch here. I'm 41.9 years old and retired, long story, from an areospace company. Married for 2.5 years, #2, and have 2 sons. Ages 13 and 11. My oldest is motorcycle crazy and rides an XR100, and is wanting a bigger one. My youngest is more the hunting and fishing type. I also have 4 step grandkids. PoPo they like to call me. Myself I enjoy, as you may have guessed, deerhunting, riding, fishing and camping with the family. I've been riding since the age of 7. Started out on a 72 Honda QA50. Bought the 93 KLR this spring after 8 years of Harley riding. Really have liked the KLR so far and am looking forward to meeting and riding with some of you all. Thats all I've got.

Deerhntr................Mitch

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Deerhntr said:
Hi Mitch here. I'm 41.9 years old and ***retired, long story***, from an areospace company. Married for 2.5 years, #2, and have 2 sons. Ages 13 and 11. My oldest is motorcycle crazy and rides an XR100, and is wanting a bigger one. My youngest is more the hunting and fishing type. I also have 4 step grandkids. PoPo they like to call me. Myself I enjoy, as you may have guessed, deerhunting, riding, fishing and camping with the family. I've been riding since the age of 7. Started out on a 72 Honda QA50. Bought the 93 KLR this spring after 8 years of Harley riding. Really have liked the KLR so far and am looking forward to meeting and riding with some of you all. ***Thats all I've got.****

Deerhntr................Mitch
***Okay, I'm up for a long story....

****You've got alot!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yea I really do have a lot. Thats all I had to say at the time. Well and as far as the long story.....I've been battling colon cancer for the last two and a half years. This is my second go at it. Did a year of chemo in 98. In the spring of 04 the Docs gave me the long face again. :shock: :eek: They told me I needed 6 months to a year of chemo again and if it went well I might have 2 years. :( without chemo maybe 6 months. :x I told the Docs I'm to hard headed to croak in 6 mos., and that I'd be doing things my way. No chemo. :lol: So I retired and started to enjoy myself some more. Its been a bumpy road but two and a half years later I'm still enjoying myself. :) I may have to go down the chemo road at some point but for now I'm good. 8)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Thanks for sharing. It really makes me ashamed of complaining about my petty crap. I hope you get that B&C record this year :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Deerhntr said:
Oh yea I really do have a lot. Thats all I had to say at the time. Well and as far as the long story.....I've been battling colon cancer for the last two and a half years. This is my second go at it. Did a year of chemo in 98. In the spring of 04 the Docs gave me the long face again. :shock: :eek: They told me I needed 6 months to a year of chemo again and if it went well I might have 2 years. :( without chemo maybe 6 months. :x I told the Docs I'm to hard headed to croak in 6 mos., and that I'd be doing things my way. No chemo. :lol: So I retired and started to enjoy myself some more. Its been a bumpy road but two and a half years later I'm still enjoying myself. :) I may have to go down the chemo road at some point but for now I'm good. 8)
I'll put in a word with the "Big Guy" for ya. Hang in there brother.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

I thought a good while about if I should post that on here. I disided that maybe there are some others in a similar situation or know someone who is and it may help in some way. Problems in life are relitive. Shoot I still complain about petty crap myself when there are a whole lot of people that have it worse off than me. Thanks for your thoughts guys. No sympathy needed here, but your prayers and thoughts are more than welcome.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey Mitch, sorry to hear you have the battle with the big "C". I lost my mother to cancer, my younger brother is a thirty year survivor from brain cancer, and my dad is a 15 year survivor from colon cancer. I can relate to what you are dealing with. A positive attitude can go a long way.

I may head down your way in early November to visit my sister & her family. If I do, I'll look you up.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I'm glad to hear that you're making the most of your situation. My father recently passed away at the young age of 62 from rectal cancer so your story hits close to home. You will definately be in my thoughts and prayers. Have fun with those kids. I think playing with the grandkids is what kept my dad going. The doc said he only had 6mo. to a year but made it over 3.5 years. I hope to hear a great hunting story from you soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You have and can continue to beat it (the cancer). I hope I don't get too long winded.
My mother was diagnosed with a very aggressive type of brain cancer/tumor back in May. Morning after operation she was up and eating having a blast. Had been absolutely fine up until last week and some of the symptoms started showing back up. Long story short after another MRI, doctor said tumor had returned with a vengeance. Spread to other side of brain. Not operable. Nothing can be done short of divine intervention. The oncologist wanted to try an alternate chemo. Mom is not going to do anything else but stand on her faith. For the last week she has been improving daily. Pretty much back to normal. She was even back to playing the piano in church last night. Nothing is impossible with God!( hope I can say that here) Its all we have to stand on right now. Sorry to preach.
Now about my self. Like alot of others I had to have my daily fix of the klr on the web. Here I am. I have already noticed several from the other place over here. Even some friends I try to ride with every now and then. Give me a holler deerhunter and we'll hit the road, dirt or something sometime. I'm game for any of it. You're not that far away.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks again for the thoughts guys. It's really appreciated.

Ham, Yea let me know if ya get down this way.

Shotgun, Man I'm sorry to hear about your Mother. I've always said cancer is much harder on loved ones than the person with the cancer. Hopefully God will give you a little "Divine Intervention" If not you and your family can do your best to make her last bit of time with you enjoyable. My prayers are with ya.

SK, Sorry to hear about your dad. Hope your doing well. Not to preach to ya. That runs in families so get yourself checked from time to time. Yea I hope to bag a big'un. Took a nice 150 class 11 pointer last year.

Ham and I have talked about putting a ride together next spring. We'll keep you all posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts