Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say to Glenn if he's listening that I've really appreciated his site over the last year and a half that I've owned a KLR.

Not sure why your board is down Glenn or if it is permanent, but in any case thanks for everything. I have benefitted greatly from good advice on that board, and I'm sure it has saved me thousands in bills at the stealerships.

I hope that all the great info stored on 650.net isn't lost for good.

If Glenn's site really is down for good then you will all see me here regularly.

Note this is not a troll. I'm not trying to stir the pot. Just want to express my thanks. I'll hang out wherever the best KLR talk is going. My only motives are to receive (and hopefully contribute back) the best info on owning, riding and maintaining our awesome bikes.

So here's to ya, Glenn. And everyone who is contributing to the KLR community.

Cheers,
650freak

·
Registered
26 Posts
I really enjoyed the other site and met and rode with great people, but i was needing my klr forum fix so here I am! Glad we had a place to go! If the other site comes back I guess I'll be at both places...its not like im already on 6 or 7 sites :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
ditto

I always enjoyed Glenn's forum and benefitted enormously from all the information found there. It was my reading on that forum which convinced me that buying a KLR650 as a second bike would be a good thing. After 8 months of ownership, the KLR had become my first bike.
Now, I will have two KLR forums to visit if and when KLR650.net comes back up.

John

·
Registered
153 Posts
650freak said:
I just wanted to say to Glenn if he's listening that I've really appreciated his site over the last year and a half that I've owned a KLR.

Not sure why your board is down Glenn or if it is permanent, but in any case thanks for everything. I have benefitted greatly from good advice on that board, and I'm sure it has saved me thousands in bills at the stealerships.

If Glenn's site really is down for good then you will all see me here regularly.

Note this is not a troll. I'm not trying to stir the pot. Just want to express my thanks. I'll hang out wherever the best KLR talk is going. My only motives are to receive (and hopefully contribute back) the best info on owning, riding and maintaining our awesome bikes.

Cheers,
650freak

Ditto, well said

G

·
0 Posts
I really appreciate the thoughts.

I'm working on restoring the forum to the way it was.
There is a basic forum up now, but the previous layout and forums are not restored.
Usernames are not restored either, you will have to sign up again to use the temporary.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Glenn said:

There is a basic forum up now, but the previous layout and forums are not restored.
Usernames are not restored either, you will have to sign up again to use the temporary.
Thanks for the update.

I'm sure a lot here are wondering "what happened?" Is there an ever present threat to this and every msg board? I'm relatively new to the cyber universe.

Sorry about your troubles, Glenn. I was really enjoying myself over there. MH

·
Registered
3 Posts

Good, glad to hear it, I need a place where I can cuss gosh darnit!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Glenn, since I know you're checking in.........For the most part, I enjoy your site but you really should consider mirroring the site on a different server so these issues don't become such a headache for you in the future. It really is a shame to see all that knowledge, wisdom, humor, and even the childish arguments lost so often. For the KLR rider, your site has been like the loss of the library at Alexandria. I sincerely hope you are able to restore it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Glenn's efforts creating and operating his forum site provided (as still provides) me with more information, technical answers, reassurance that I could get help, and more entertainment than anything related to motorcycling I've ever seen. I hope to continue enjoying both forums. The more information the better!

·
Registered
96 Posts
And if it hadn't been for Glenn's forum, we wouldn't have found this one! Just as in the Navy, a good ship needs more than one port to visit. 8)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Angel said:
Rainier_Tom said:
davhut said:
Three cheers for Glenn!
+1
+2
+3, I have enjoyed Glenn and his site for the last year and a half. I met all you great people there, and when he's back up and running, I will be over there too. Thanks for all your hard work Glenn.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Glenn's forum help me decide to buy a KLR & helped me find one. Thanks Glenn

Don't worry, You have not lost us :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
650freak said:

Cheers,
650freak
Well said I like to look at different sites also even though I was only posting .net

·
Registered
2 Posts
Being an information junkie, Glenn's forum helped me to decide to buy and now to modify and maintain my bike. Thanks Glenn!! :wink:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Glenn said:

Hi Glenn,
Thanks from anohter of the horde. Hope you are able to get things back. I'm up on both sites. My limit is 2.

TW

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.