Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm Matt. I recently purchased my 1st road legal bike, A 1987 KLR 650 For $500 :35a: I'm Hoping I can make some new friends and gain some extra knowledge about these bikes! Ive road and owned plenty of dirt bikes, but never a street legal bike!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Welch aboard Matt!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy shit .... What a Ride!
Cheers, Nick

·
Registered
265 Posts
Wow I should have read that before I hit send! Stupid iPhone. Welcome!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting, 'Holy shit .... What a Ride!
Cheers, Nick

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Hey Matt and welcome to the forum. Where in Wisconsin are you? A buddy and I are gearing up our 2009 KLR650's for a ride down the Continental Divide in July. I don't claim to know everything about the KLR's but have learned a lot over the last couple years. You're more than welcome to join us when we hold our "tech days". This forum is loaded with great folks that have collectively done everything there is to do to the KLR. Don't hesitate to ask any question no matter how "dumb" it may seem to you. Like planalp said, be safe... Roads are a lot more dangerous than the dirt!

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Welcome from sunny tropical NW Indiana.

Dirt is the best teacher for street riding
in my opinion.

You have mc experience, and if you can drive a car,
sounds like ya get to ride to all the fun offroad areas
instead of the hassle of trailering everywhere.
The extra weight of a street-legal is worth the
trade off any day. The KLR is no motocrosser but
a great dirt n' gravel /adventure blaster nonetheless.

Have fun!
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everyone! And im located in the Milwaukee Area, about 30 mins or so from lake michigan If thats familiar to anyone. Lookin forward to getting out on the roads!

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Thanks everyone! And im located in the Milwaukee Area, about 30 mins or so from lake michigan If thats familiar to anyone. Lookin forward to getting out on the roads!
Are you familiar with this place?

http://www.marscheese.com/

My wife's from Racine and every time we go up there I demand we stop here on the way into town so I can stock up on cholesterol without worrying about other things like family, graduations, weddings, etc. foiling my chance to visit The Castle.

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Of course im familiar with cheese castle! Ive been there many times. i love that place haha!
Their new place is nice, but gotta admit I liked their old store more. That I-94 construction project is really changing things through there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts