Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all- Name is Steve. I'm in the Cedar City, Utah area. I'm a retired US Air Force Security Forces Master Sergeant, I spent most of my career sub-specialized as a weapons instructor and small arms repairman. Currently work in the security contracting field. I'm very close to buying a KLR650, and figured I should stop lurking and register. Anyway, the forum looks great and I look forward to picking your brains and absorbing as much as I can. Thanks!

PS: Been riding since I was a kid, both dirt and street. My only 4-stroke dirt bike was a Honda XR500R. My most recent bike was an HD Softail. I still have a sweet spot in my heart for HDs, but I'm wanting something I can commute, tour, as well as peel off onto the MANY dirt roads and trails around here.

·
Premium Member
5,483 Posts
Think of the KLR as the .22 Magnum of motorcycles: a weird niche where few venture but are pleasantly surprised when they do.....

·
Registered
901 Posts
Welcome aboard, Steve! I'm up in Tooele - but as a kid I spent quite a bit of time down in Southern Utah, specifically Summit and Cedar City. My mother's folks were in Cedar City, and my dad's folks were in Summit.

I love that area down there - and you're right, there are a million miles of places to explore down there! Get the KLR and ride the hell out of it!

Reactions: SteveinUT
1 - 5 of 5 Posts