Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi everybody, Im Ian and have a 1984 KLR600. I bought it from ebay with electrical problems and rebuilt it from the ground up! I turns out both the cdi's the previous owner had were faulty so its now running Honda c90 CDI!!
However it got stolen two weeks ago, but I got most of it back, so its getting rebuilt again!!
It also has a Acerbis tank, shortened silencer, and is lowered 2inches at the front because I have spinal/backproblems after I had a slipped disc!

All the lights are missing, all the plastics are either cracked or damaged and they snaped the decompresor off the camshaft and bent the exhaust valves
I was going to post some before/ after it got stolen pics but I not allowed to yet
Thanks

Ian

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Hi Ian. Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about the theft of your bike. Scumbags.

If you PM your picture links to me I can add them to your post.

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
Here are Ian's pictures:

Before

After

Hole in the rocker cover were the decompressor made its exit

·
Premium Member
3,206 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ian,
very sorry for your troubles.They likely held the throttle wide open to intentionally blow the motor. klr4evr is right, Scumbags.
Regards....just jeff

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Welcome to the forum Ian.
I'll also +1 about those scumbags! That was a very nice bike.
Wishing you the best for re-building.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the comments guys. Its getting a total engine rebuild, new bearings and seals. Should be good when its done. I'll prob be asking a few daft questions along the way too!!!
Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
93 Posts
Welcome!!!

Just reading your responses makes me wish my English buddies were here... Love all the English slang! Hahhaha. Daft especially! I particularly love the difference between bullocks and the dogs bullocks... Never understood how that came to be but I love using it while I'm visiting or around them! Hahhaha.

No worries on asking daft questions. I do it all the time and they entertain them. ;) Sorry to hear about your troubles but karma is a B and they will get what is coming to them sooner or later. Hop on the bike once you're done and enjoy it!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts