Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , iam from blyth in northumberland in the uk , after sometime ive found myself a 2008 klr 650 at last , 2008 klr onwards are very rare as kawasaki uk didnt get them , so i count myself very luck . cheers DR

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
desertraider-

Hi and welcome to the forum!

desertraider is an interesting name for someone from the UK. We have a Blythe here locally that is in the desert!

Your KLR - is it US spec, and how did you come across it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi , the bike came from Auckland in New Zealand , god knows how it ended up in the UK but it did , ive done afair bit of reading off the net and found afew things i need to look at over the next few days , i pulled the side pannels and the seat for a quick look at the wireing their, and their is a rub spot on the harness, so i will get that done as soon as i can , the bike is not restricted in the power department as it pulls like train and ive had it up to 90mph , theirs a chance this could be the only klr650 2008 model in the UK

·
Administrator
8,279 Posts
desertraider -

Well, good deal there!

You've probably heard about the counter balancer (doohickey) tension spring.

Odds are it's slack and not doing it's job, thus your balancer chain ain't quite right in the tension department.

That spring should be replaced, at the very least. Mail order for just a spring shouldn't be too spendy.

What's the scene like for gettingsparts and farkles for the Gen 2s like over there?

T

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts like oil filters spark plugs , brake pads no probs body panels/fairings will have to be over the net or the likes of ebay , we have a sw motech deal givi etc so no problems their

1 - 5 of 5 Posts