Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm scubahood,

I don't have a KLR cause i'm too short but i'm hoping to work this out.

They're my favorite :D

Nice to meet yous!

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Welcome! How short is too short?

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Welcome aboard. I don't recall owning a KLR being a requirement to hang here.
Just liking them is cool enuff fer this family.

If you are 5'5" and can tiptoe it at redlites, no problem.
There's rear lowering links and up front U can slide the tubes an inch up into the trees
further and not bottom out the fork suspension.

·
Lifetime Member
2,482 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)
You can lower these things pretty good... They fellow I bought mine off was in the 5'5" or so range and he lowered it 2 inches with links and had a Corbin dual platform seat on it... Lol, I could flat foot it with bent knees and I'm only around 5'9"! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have an '82 honda ft500 which weighs a bout the same but it's A LOT shorter and i can barely touch one tiptoe to the ground :\

·
Lifetime Member
2,482 Posts
i have an '82 honda ft500 which weighs a bout the same but it's A LOT shorter and i can barely touch one tiptoe to the ground :\
I had a VT500 (Ascot), cool bikes! The FT seat height is about 31.5 inches and the stock KLR650A (pre 2008 models) is about 35 inches... So, if you use the drop links and a lowered/cut down saddle I'm thinking that you could get the height of the KLR pretty close to that of your FT. The links are cheap but the seat is pricey, be nice if you could find one that's already been lowered in the classifieds to have a look at, then you could check the height out in person and see if it would be a yay or a nay. Wishing you the best of luck with it, they are great bikes :)

·
Registered
269 Posts
welcome aboard. gotta cut your teeth somewhere. at very least you get to learn about the best DS bike out there. i put 2" lowering links on my wife's klr and it was pretty low even with the stock seat. personally i tippy toe on mine and that's the way i like it. you can always look at the sherpa...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/1987-2007-KLR650-3-Lowering-Links-Dog-Bones-KLR-650-/250533124019?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a54f017b3

these links and a lower seat would get you there. might be a wheelie machine though!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts