Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

On KLR650.net, I am Viking, but I got tired of having a different name on every website I visit, so I am trying to establish something that I can register other places! Anyway, JaySoy will work (real name: Jason Soyland).

I have been over at the other site for a while now, if fact, well before the first time it was all lost. I think there is a lot that could be done better than was done at that site. Such as creating "stickies" for threads that cover subjects well. That would reduce the repetative nature. A lot of people have a lot to offer and this site could really be great if we work together to build it.

Anyway, enough of that...

My name now is JaySoy. I am technical writer in KC. I have had my KLR for about 2 years. It is a 2001. It was very lightly used when I got it with 5,000 miles and NO mods. I gave $2500 for it and had no idea what kind of a good deal I was getting! I just passed 11,000 miles and am starting to use the bike more and more. In fact, I haven't driven my little Suzuki SUV for going on 6 weeks. Once you get in the habit of commuting by bike, it is hard to accept any other form of transportation. If I can save money AND have fun, it doesn't get any better than that!

Here's a random picture of me and my bike from a recent Colorado trip:

Here is a pic on my steed after a little offroad spill that snapped off a rear view mirror (same Colorado trip). It doesn't really look like it, but I was pinned under the bike in a mud pit, literally, a hole, with me in it, holding up the bike, knee deep mud. KLR's are extra heavy when they are on top of you!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts