Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any success in getting this style of highway peg to attrach to SW-Motech crash bars so it won't rotate around the bar?

All I've succeeded in doing so far is to take a stripe of paint off the bar.

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Damocles, I thought about set screw, but the strap is two parts (inner and outer) so wasn't sure how strong it would be. Epoxy might work, but was hoping for something less messy.

Somebody out there must have solved this.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have those same ones. I believe I just removed the spacers from the middle. I won't be able to look and see for sure until tomorrow night though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Highway pegs

At least it will rotate if you drop the bike. I have an old set of pegs that bolt into the side of my SW Motec bars. I've had the bracket, on the bars, bend on a put-down. So far I've been able to bent it back. Holds the pegs good, but I don't like the thought of that bracket being bent to many times.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My Motec bars don't have that bracket. I think I'd prefer having to straighten the bracket after a dump to having the pegs move every time I put my feet on them.

I think I've got the problem sorted. Twinjet misunderstood what the issue was, but gave me an idea on how to fix it. I put a star washer between the clamp and the crash bar. It bites into the bar enough when the clamp is tightened that the pegs stay in place.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Sorry it took me so long to reply, things have been crazy around here. What I did with mine was only use the smaller clamp. That allowed me to get enough tension to keep them in place.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Try a star washer between the body of the peg and the clamp.
Wait, wait, you mean rotating around the bar. (Not rotating around the bolt.)

For that, put the thickest piece of card stock you can get to fit around the bar under the clamp. When you tighten the clamp the card stock will keep it from rotating around the bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts