Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, Just some background on this, I emailed Fasst Company (They make handlebars that flex when you land, and anti-vibration footpegs) about making anti-vibe pegs for the KLR. They emailed me back explaining that they haven't had the demand from KLR riders for footpegs that fit the old girl, but hinted that Kawasaki is coming out with a re released KLR next year with "some big changes."

I added a screen shot of the email, I'm not saying this is definite news of anything coming out, and I honestly doubt its true, but its the only thing I've see about the KLR coming back from the dead.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
The size of that footrest clevis has been quite common on many Kawasaki models for over 40 years if I'm not mistaken. I think they may be the same size as the Suzuki DR650, see if they list a set?

·
Registered
6 Posts
With adventure bikes being the fastest growing if not largest market Kawasaki would be foolish to not release a bike that could actually even pretend to compete with BMW and KTM

·
Registered
6,659 Posts
I hope the new KLX230's are not manufactured by some Chinese company and simply 're-painted'. They look a little suspicious.

I hated the Suzisaki's & Kawasuki's of the early 2000's and despised the Kymco Brute Force 300 2WD atv.

Sorry to say, but the new KLX230's will not be good sellers in the 200-250 class. TOO High of seat height for the type of rider which might be in the market. 34.8 inches!!
And a thin, narrow dirt bike seat, instead of a wide, plush, sit down & ride type dual-sport seat with a mere 32 inch top surface. I'll say they missed the mark!

I Know that This Bike would sell like Hot Cakes in Wyoming, USA! https://kawasaki.com.au/shop/motorcycles/off-road/stockman-250/

·
Registered
895 Posts
May have to hold off a bit now. I've thought about the 250 (now that it's fuel injected). We had a 2012 (I think it was a 12,,,,, anyway) and it wouldn't start for crap!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts