Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have a hitch carrier that I use for my KLR650 and my DR650. It’s a T-Motorsports Hauler. Rated 600 pounds, has a wheel chock for stability, and a ramp. The wheel chock can be moved such that you can get the bike centered, weight-wise over the hitch. I paid $178.95 for mine, plus mine came with a nice anti-sway stabilizer block for the the hitch that keeps it from rocking from side to side. I had to upgrade my receiver to a higher tongue weight and I put air suspension bags on the back of my SUV to level it with the bike loaded.

·
Administrator
3,563 Posts
There is one for sale in the MarketPlace area. Brand new I believe.

Not something I would attempt myself but to each his own. If I get behind one on the highway I pass as quick as possible.

·
Registered
899 Posts
All that weight hanging off the rear of the vehicle is going to have a negative effect. I know, I had one of those. Hope you have a really big truck. Buy a trailer.

·
Premium Member
2,944 Posts
yep, I have one and have put the KLR on it a few times. As long as it's rated for 400 lbs, you tie it down properly, have a class III hitch and a vehicle capable of handling the weight, it's no problem. With my 1 ton dually, I don't even know it's there unless i check my mirrors.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts