Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Glad to be here and talking about ridin!

50 year old retired jarhead here. Was out of riding for a number of years because of the wife, don't have the wife anymore though!

I have an '06 KLR (Red of course - like my hair used to be). :roll:

Farkles:

-714 grips
-1" handlebar risers
-Doo is done
-Screen is cleaned
-Metzler tourance tires (140mm in back)
-Driving lamps on fairing
-Clutch and Sidestand interlocks are bypassed
-Radiator/H20 pump guard installed
-Tool tube
-Garmin Quest w/outlet installed on city lights circuit

Need to do this winter:

-Progressive springs in Front end tubes

I live just south of Milwaukee, WI in the land of HDs. 3 great kids, 6 better grandchildren with - one more in the oven!
I am a plagerist and a thief by trade - that means I am a Technical Writer and Illustrator for a company manufacturing high end cockpit instrumentation for aircraft and military combat vehicles.
Ridden mostly street only since I was 15 so getting dirty again is kinda fun! I have owned the gamut from KZ900s to BMW to HDs, Yamaha 850 Special and a Combat Wombat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey Jeff! Welcome aboard!
I was scanning your mod list and noticed the tool tube. How did you attach it. I dont have highway bars, but I do have an aluminum skid plate. It looks like I need to fab some L brackets to attach the bandclamps. Any other idears?
Jamie

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to the board Top!!!!

I am also new to this outstanding site and an active duty Devil Dog…

Semper FI:animal0034:

·
Registered
603 Posts
elduche211,welcome to the forum,and more importantly,thank you for your service to our country.Glad to have you aboard

Mike

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Welcome, all!

TopJeff, how's your weather been this summer? Hope you been able to do some good riding.

elduche211, where do you hail from?

CC

1 - 7 of 7 Posts