Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Didn't take them long to catch up. The Versys and Tenere have been around for years. Suppose it will take another decade to upgrade the XR650L.

· Registered
71 Posts
Honda's biggest mistake was trying to be Harley. They wasted way to much time and resources trying to lower their standard to Harley's level.

Heck I started out on the XL500 then XL600 and the NX. Then so many XR650L's I can't remember. Nearly 50 years on the same design. Heck they had the replacement back in the 2000's. Remember the XR650R. I had a couple with street titles. What a beast on road and off. Would have cornered the market easily with a factory street version. However Honda discontinues the bikes and motor to make Harley's. How stupid can you be?

They need to stop making bikes for the Asian market. Maybe focus on the US for a change where we have interstate highways going 85mph plus. With 6 feet plus tall people. I'm so sick of these short tiny under powered bikes. With a top speed of 65-70 down hill.

Don't get me started on the retro POS. UGH..:mad:

· Registered
71 Posts
Yet I go to the local dealer and the place is filled with those same small bikes. Unsold and taking up space. Guess selling little 3k bikes is better then selling large 15k-30k bikes. Don't run a large world wide company so guess I'm only looking at the small picture.

50 years ago when I ran a few HD's before I learned my lesson. Couldn't keep them running let alone ride them very far or fast. Maybe they have gotten better but I doubt it. Cause I still see them along side of the road. Plus pass them all the time. I wouldn't have 50 plus years experience on bikes if that's all I had to ride. Just my experience, never again.

Remember the big custom hog craze a few years ago. Honda brings out the Fury. That's what I'm talking about.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts