Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may vary from state to state but what is the mph over the limit that will cause you to lose your license?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I got my first ticket in almost 20 years, about 5 months ago... 16 over (71 in a 55 zone) in Wisconsin.. In my Scion..:mad0235:, on the way to the airport, and I wasn't running late..:18:

Ticket was just short of $200..

Around here (IL/WI) I think 21 over is when you're asking for serious trouble..

I tend to ride 7-10 over, most of the time.. And I'm usually ignored.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Ha, this brings back memories! I got my first and only ticket 18 years ago and I was doing 120 in a 55:62:. The state trooper pulled me and my buddies over and once he determined we weren't drinking, he started in a little lecture and wrote me a ticket for $105. All in all, I was pretty dang lucky and needless to say, I haven't gotten a ticket since.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
In Indiana 20 over is wreckless driving and a 6 pointer. It can put ya over the 10 point limit.

I think 25 over is automatic suspension.
That's not fair.. Indiana, Illinois, and Iowa shouldn't have speed limits and allow people to get the hell out of those wastelands as quickly as possible.. :)

(before anyone flames me, remember I have a IL address:character00268:)

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Paper, Blahahaha LOLOLOL !!!!!!!

Indyanna and Illy both are beautiful in their own ways WHEN ya know where to look.

To the average traveler you could not be more correct. Taking I-65 fer example (which is police heavy, btw) From Gary at the top of the state to the KY border it's one huge boring 5 hour long farm only broken up by the mess known as Indianapolis' tangled highway and bypass system.

Like you, I live at the top of the state which also happened to get cut up nicely by the glaciers of eons gone by. Joe average doesn't know this. Joe local (me) can find hilly twisties that rival roller coasters when on two wheels!
Yes, both states are boring farmland which isn't too boring on a KLR, but the good roads are known to mostly all the area bikers. Shwing!

As far as Iowa, been thru once, and there was actually a sign that read "hill". There's yer wasteland. LOL

Without these three states kicking out corn and wheat about 30 countries would starve.
That's a discussion for another thread.....overpopulation and the planet's ability to support itself.

If ya wanna see TRUE wasteland, try I-40 thru the Oklahoma and Texas panhandles.
You can do 90 and the cops pass ya at 100. They know the only place to be is somewhere else.

Disclaimer: All of this is tongue in cheek humor and don't take us seriously.

Especially you guys in Kansas and Nebraska.........snore.

Ride 'em if ya got 'em,
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
My Mom grew up in Salem, Illinois. Spent a good amount of time there with my family. Learned how to ride on the land behind my Grandpa's house. Also how to throw knives and hatchets and shoot guns. But the best part? Two words: farm ponds.
:character0053:

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Read an article today that rang true in that a lot of states and municipalities have doubled, if not tripled fines for moving violations to make up for our troubled economic situation.

Is that not taxation at the end of a gun?

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
They're getting you on the other end, too... Vehicle registration here in IL has gone from $78 to $99.. And it's not because the roads are better. Motorcycle registration (I think) hasn't changed and is still $38. I'd complain about the price of MC reg, but $20 goes towards rider training, and since it's free here in IL, I'm all for helping out new riders!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Over 100mph in Calif. could result in impound fees 300+, a night in jail and over 1000 bucks to the state and possible lost of license.

·
Registered
33 Posts
How about 131 in a 55 in Maryland last year at 2 am. BMW 850i. I was driving someone home from a party who had been drinking. They were letting me test out the Bimmer. I was wearing just my bathing suit. I could not produce a license, proof of insurance, or registration. She, made me do a little drinking dance in front of the car, then proceeded to write out 3 tickets equating to about $350. She let me proceed to drive home. I flew back to MD a few months later on my court date, and was let off of all charges, as the officer did not show. It was a humbling experience. I do normally cruse @ 65 and get after it every once in a blue moon. I have only alleged traffic tickets to this day. My advice is always take your court date. Will

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wisconisn is 20mph

·
Registered
753 Posts
So................ They caught you? and you were going how fast?

Up here in Northern California, they'll still write you at 90+ if you stop for them and pass the attitude test.
100+? It's bracelets and a booking. Hwy 5 is a 75 MPH limit in places, so that equates to the 25 over thing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts