Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm thinking about buying a new 2007 KLR 650 and I'm curious to see how the $4891 OTD price compares.

·
Registered
131 Posts
DXKLR, thats a good price no doubt, but by no means dealer pricing. Dealers get these in for about 1k under what you see advertised. i got my 07 for 4497+tax, back in february.

Tom, if that price includes registration, tax, title, inspection, ect..than its pretty good.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DXKLR, thats a good price no doubt, but by no means dealer pricing. Dealers get these in for about 1k under what you see advertised. i got my 07 for 4497+tax, back in february.

Tom, if that price includes registration, tax, title, inspection, ect..than its pretty good.

So the 4497 includes title + license?

I was hoping for $4500 OTD but it doesn't look too do-able....

·
Registered
131 Posts
I dont think 4500 is too hard to do, just bargain a little. You have to really be willing to give up on a deal. If you say you'll take it right now for 4500, no more, than be willing to walk out when he offers you 4599.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Now that dealers are getting 2008's delivered this week, (my local dealer got 6 of them today) the price of the 07's isn't quite as nice as it was a month ago..

But I'm cheap.. I found a 2 year old KLR with 1300 miles on it for $1800 less than new.. :16a:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont think 4500 is too hard to do, just bargain a little. You have to really be willing to give up on a deal. If you say you'll take it right now for 4500, no more, than be willing to walk out when he offers you 4599.
I've spoken with 3 dealers two by phone(200miles away) and 1 locally and they aren't going any lower than $4900 I guess I'll call a few more and/or wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that dealers are getting 2008's delivered this week, (my local dealer got 6 of them today) the price of the 07's isn't quite as nice as it was a month ago..

But I'm cheap.. I found a 2 year old KLR with 1300 miles on it for $1800 less than new.. :16a:

My local dealer has 8 07's but they aren't ready to deal yet :mad0235:

I would jump on an 05 for $3k...

·
Registered
131 Posts
4900 OTD...or before tax, title, reg. Theres a big difference. If its OTD then thats a fairly decent price, otherwise dont touch it. http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/pre_owned_detail.asp?PreOwnedVehicleCode=547998&ManufacturerCode=3&VehicleCategoryCode=1&PriceFrom=0&PriceThru=4500&ModelYearFrom=2007&ModelYearThru=2007&DealerState=XX&type=3&piconly=y
Powersports network has dealers country wide, and i found my dealer here. This is just an example, there were many more on the site. But for instance this one is a new 07, 4400, figure in shipping, tax/title in your state...probably 4800-4900.

Another one $4000, http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/pre_owned_detail.asp?PreOwnedVehicleCode=540964&ManufacturerCode=3&VehicleCategoryCode=1&PriceFrom=0&PriceThru=4500&ModelYearFrom=2007&ModelYearThru=2007&DealerState=XX&type=3&piconly=y

Just gotta look some more. Murphys law, once you buy a bike, within 2 days a better deal will come along.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
4900 OTD...or before tax, title, reg. Theres a big difference. If its OTD then thats a fairly decent price, otherwise dont touch it. http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/pre_owned_detail.asp?PreOwnedVehicleCode=547998&ManufacturerCode=3&VehicleCategoryCode=1&PriceFrom=0&PriceThru=4500&ModelYearFrom=2007&ModelYearThru=2007&DealerState=XX&type=3&piconly=y
Powersports network has dealers country wide, and i found my dealer here. This is just an example, there were many more on the site. But for instance this one is a new 07, 4400, figure in shipping, tax/title in your state...probably 4800-4900.

Another one $4000, http://www.powersportsnetwork.com/enthusiasts/pre_owned_detail.asp?PreOwnedVehicleCode=540964&ManufacturerCode=3&VehicleCategoryCode=1&PriceFrom=0&PriceThru=4500&ModelYearFrom=2007&ModelYearThru=2007&DealerState=XX&type=3&piconly=y

Just gotta look some more. Murphys law, once you buy a bike, within 2 days a better deal will come along.

It's $4900 OTD, I agree it's a good price but not great.

I have a feeling I'll be over $5k after all the fees.

Murphy's law will get ya every time..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was calling around today to see if I can find a dealer that will beat $4891 OTD for an 07 I found a couple that will match that price but not beat it, I decided to ask about 08's also.

I called a small dealer and spoke with the owner I identified myself and asked for OTD prices on the 07 and 08 KLR's 650's, he interrupted and said they are $350 apart, I told him that I was trying to beat $4891 on an 07 he said that was a good price and he would "match" it.

I spoke with the owner for a few more minutes and asked him if he could beat that price and he said it wouldn't be worth his time so I asked if he would go 350 higher on an 08 he said "sure"(I was surprised) so I clarified "you'll go $5200 OTD on an 08" and he said he would, I asked if he would take a cc(gotta love air-miles) he said he would, I asked how many 08's he had in stock he said one (black, grey and red). Now I'm getting excited, trying to figure out the logistics about picking up the bike.

The owner asks me to hold for just a moment and I'm thinking about a way to secure the bike so it doesn't get sold before I can make it out there(today or tomorrow), he gets back on the phone and says they just sold it :18: . He said they would get more within 30 days and I could get one of those for that price....

I will call in a week and make sure he remembers me and confirm our deal...

·
Registered
131 Posts
5200 OTD on an 08 is pretty good, but that guy was really yanking yer chain. When you call in a week he will say he doesnt remember you, yada yada. 4891 OTD for an 07 isnt terrible but as Richard pointed out, theres better deals to be found. What you should have done is ask to put a deposit on the 08, if he didnt offer or wouldnt do it when asked, he not going to give you that price. 08's are brand new, only a few weeks out, he could easily sell them at regular price.

The 08's are cool but honestly i would recommend an 07. They look meaner and theres no verdict on the new ones yet. Keep looking.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5200 OTD on an 08 is pretty good, but that guy was really yanking yer chain. When you call in a week he will say he doesnt remember you, yada yada. 4891 OTD for an 07 isnt terrible but as Richard pointed out, theres better deals to be found. What you should have done is ask to put a deposit on the 08, if he didnt offer or wouldnt do it when asked, he not going to give you that price. 08's are brand new, only a few weeks out, he could easily sell them at regular price.

The 08's are cool but honestly i would recommend an 07. They look meaner and theres no verdict on the new ones yet. Keep looking.

I agree it "almost" sounded too good to be true, I'm thinking about taking a ride out there on Monday to do as you said, I didn't want to give him my cc info over the phone.

I'm not that big of a fan of the 08 but I'm a big fan of getting the most bang for the buck. If the best price I can get for an 07 is 4891 than $309 for an 08 is worth while for me...

I finally got a response about the 06 (for $3500) after 3 phone calls and 1 email (I don't sound anxious do I?), he said he has somebody coming down this morning and if it didn't work out I would be the next in line :mad0235:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts