Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am venturing off more and more out here in the desert of 29 Palms CA and am hoping to make it out to Moab in June 2010. I always wear a Camalbak but want be able to carry spare/more water in case I run out or break down. I was thinking of some tank panniers with some MSR Dromedary Bags. Anyone got some pics of how you travel on your KLR with spare water? Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,453 Posts
Hepco-Becker Gobi's but they are way too big.

MSR (or whatever brand) stainless steel containers.

Nalgene containers.

You can mount the containers on the engine guard to keep the weight low.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I still have a maier enduro super jug which has long been discontinued.

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Nalgeen is good. I have a great thermos I got from Aerostich as a gift. It's real nice and keeps things cold/hot for hours and hours.

As a side note, I also carry some 'survival' packs of water usually. Ones that can be kept in my trunk for years without any issues. Heat and cold resistant. They cost a lot, but I often forget water. And you know, when the big earthquake comes and things get hectic I'm headed north. ;)

(I carry emergency food rations and a basic survival kit, too) :character00268:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have good tank pannier bags, each of which carries a GI canteen of water, always! I have the basic survival gear, and a couple tins of smoked herring along in case I'm stuck for awhile somewhere. :)

On a day-long forest ride, I carry more water bottles in my side boxes.
I do have a 2-liter hydration pack, but only used it on a testride once. Just haven't warmed to it yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts