Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I live in northern Alberta in the middle of hundreds, possibly tens of thousands of square miles of wilderness depending on which direction you go, carved up by oil and logging roads, seismic lines, and trails. Its just about the perfect setting for adventure touring and dual sport riding, so after almost a 10 year break from biking (had a few street bikes and dirtbikes before that) I just picked up an 01 KLR with only 3000 kms on it for $1500 (Canadian, so it really is a deal :) ). Despite the low miles it looks like its seen some hard use, its been down on both sides and is in need of some carb work but I'm really pumped about the possibilities. I'm sure I'll have a bunch of questions as I go about turning this old gal into the ultimate wilderness exploration vehicle, and this seems to be the place to ask them.

Cal

·
Lifetime Member
2,484 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forums! :)

Ah, a fellow Albertan eh? There are a few of us here now! Sounds like a smoking deal on the bike, you done scored! :doublethumb:
Plus, it looks like spring has sprung early here so it's win/win.
Lot's of very knowledgeable KLR enthusiasts here, so you've come to the right place!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts