Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed up here yesterday. Looks like a good place to dwell and find answers. Maybe even make a friend or two!

I have a 2006 KLR 650 that I got in the spring of this year on a trade. It runs well and I like it a lot but is a bit rough looking from former owner not taking good care of it. Last week found a farkled out 2008 KLR 650 that from 10 feet away looks like a new bike so I bought that as more of a daily rider and will use the other one for more off road playing.

And as I have been 100% street rider for the past couple dozen years or so (I have a Honda PC800 that I bought new and a 2010 Goldwing too) so I did want to try a bit of off road exploring and it seems that Idaho has plenty of off roads around here. Some just a couple of miles from my house.

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from you guys and if possible I hope to be able to add to this fine looking forum!

Ride often, ride well, and ride safe!

Russ

·
Premium Member
5,477 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Rustydust. Best of both worlds: a spiffed up GenII and a beater Gen1! I would imagine good riding abounds in your neck of the woods. Enjoy!

·
Registered
901 Posts
Bienvenido, Neighbor!

I'm fairly new here myself, having signed up last month shortly after I purchased a new 2012 KLR. I lived for several years out in Eastern Idaho, and I know there were quite a few roads and such which you could explore if you had the proper vehicle (which I didn't - I was driving a '79 Datsun 280ZX at the time).

Enjoy the ride!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Me and two other riders did the Nez Perce Magruder road this past summer, then into Elk City. Some of the most scenic roads i've ever been on.
Welcome

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all!

It's funny, almost all of my really fun bikes have been single cylinder machines. Ducati 250, Hodaka 90, Penton 125, Yamaha 175, so I rather hope that the KLR(s) will keep that ball rolling.

And at 420 lbs, is 500 lbs lighter than my Goldwing! I do like that!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I bought a KLR in Sept. and haven't been on any type of bike in 20 years. I had no desire to cruise the highways, but I am having a blast on ther backroads and forest service! I live in the valley in Oregon, but my sister lives in Boise. Maybe you can give me a reason to go visit her. I always let her come heer. BAD BROTHER, but she doesn't have to know the real reason to go east!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Rustydust ...
Shane here have family in Emmett ..
Family in Boise ... I live in Twin Falls .. There is a dirt bike club in Boise lots of rides and peple to meet drop me a line let`s chat

I got a 2011 klr in March of 2012 only 1800 miles on and needing more

·
Administrator
3,564 Posts
I love Idaho. Hope you can put up some good ride reports from the area.

·
Premium Member
365 Posts
Hello Rustydust,

Welcome to the Coolest and Most significant place on the web for fellow KLR riders. The wealth of information will dazzle you, the camaraderie will amaze you.

Snakeboy66

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, Happy Trails is giving a Dookhicky class in Feburary. I'm planning on going because my '08 KLR is virgin and want to get inside her and "spring" one on her. Hopefully she will make some pleasent sounds after that.

Anyway, hopefully a few of us could meet up there. Be really manly and show each other how big our doohickies are before be put them in a dark and slippery slot for a long time. What say lads? Are ye with me?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts