Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been on the other KLR forum for a few months now but after reading some recent exchanges between the alpha dog over there and a few (seemingly very reasonable) members, I think I'm done with that site.

Annnnnyway, I've had my KLR since March but have ridden street bikes for the last 18 years or so. I'm new to the dual purpose scene but have gone on a couple organized off-road rides and had a blast.

If anyone is in the Kansas City area and wants to do some riding this summer, shoot me a message!

·
Premium Member
5,481 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The number of riders in NW Missouri, NE Kansas and SE Nebraska is starting to creep up. I'm about 30 miles North of St. Joe.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I've been on the other KLR forum for a few months now but after reading some recent exchanges between the alpha dog over there and a few (seemingly very reasonable) members, I think I'm done with that site.
Don't let that bother you.. He's been abusing the folks that keep the site running for years..:)

Welcome, and enjoy!!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
This looked like the best KLR-specific site when I was looking, so I signed up here. Nice site, good fellas. :)
What KLR ya got?
Welcome!

·
Registered
2 Posts
What KLR ya got?
Oh yeah, forgot about that part!

I have a silver/black 2007 with a few farkles:

- Clearview +9" windshield
- Seat Concepts seat (flat, regular foam)
- Therma-bob
- Uni air filter
- Magnetic oil plug
- Lowering links (from PO, will switch back to stock)
- Quick-connect battery tender
- CrampBuster
- Cheap no-name saddle and tank bags
- Dunlop 606s for dual sport and day-to-day riding, Pirelli Scorpion Trails for long rides

Don't know if the PO did the doo, will open it up to check in the near future.

Planned upgrades:
- Gel hand grips
- Bark Busters
- Bash guard

Will post a pic once I figure out how to get around my company's website blocking software.

Untitled by asb335, on Flickr

Untitled by asb335, on Flickr

Welcome, and enjoy!!
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Will post a pic once I figure out how to get around my company's website blocking software.
PM it to me and I'll post it for you..
You can't post photos here until you get 15 posts.. It's a measure to block spammers.

PM and tell me where you want it..

·
Premium Member
1,585 Posts
That's funny.
I can't get past the firewall either so I go around.
At least with our system, I can click a link from one
of our approved sites (Outlook Express) and pop in here.

hehehehehehe,
Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeap

·
Registered
378 Posts

Annnnnyway, I've had my KLR since March but have ridden street bikes for the last 18 years or so. I'm new to the dual purpose scene but have gone on a couple organized off-road rides and had a blast.

If anyone is in the Kansas City area and wants to do some riding this summer, shoot me a message!

Welcome aboard...I am fairly new to this site as well, and I got kicked off the last one because I called out the administrator on some racial comments....Will miss some of the members but see that there are a few of them already here....

I have had my '08 since August 2011 and it has been an absolute blast as well...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts