Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've read a bunch of stuff on here, so thank you.

Let's see. Been riding for a while. I have a 73 Honda CB450 and a 2008 KLR with almost 500 miles. I'm in love with the new bike. Got it because the Honda just isn't as reliable...it's older than I am. I also have a scooter for around town.

I'm thirty. I'm a writer and I teach high school kids. I like to fish. And I like riding motorcycles (go figure).

Anyway, thanks for having me. I'm sure I'll have some Q's soon. ;)

Dan/Lockjaw

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome Lockjaw. Two heads are better than one

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Welcome to the forum Lockjaw.... I have seen some guys in here talking about fixing up some carriers for their fishing rods for some local fishing. You can pretty much make the KLR do whatever you want. Keep us posted on your mods and some pics.. We like pics. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fishing and riding what a great deal. Hope your students listen to you and you listen to them. I have been riding off and on for 46 years and still have a great time. I work midnights so it's time for bed. Hope you are on the forum alot. I think you'll enjoy it.]

·
Threadjacker
6,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everybody. I read about the pvc pole holder...I told you I've been lurking. In fact one of the reasons I got a KLR was this site. And I hope to be around here a lot, too. Used to belong to a motorcycle safety forum. Long story. It's a little weird because this one is similar in the way it works, but old habits die hard, and I am not much with the computers, so I'll probably screw up a few times.

Going for a ride up to the lake and then fishing is about the most fun I have on a regular basis. Throw in any more stuff I like to do and I might overload (well, some things would be unsafe too). I have a few collapsible spinning rods and just throw them in my messenger bag. I might have to look into rigging something up, though. Drag that I can only take the flyrod if I take the cage.

And yeah, my students listen to me most of the time (I think). ;)

I listen to them, that's for damn sure. I'm a writer, too, and they're good material. ;)

Thanks for the welcome!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts