Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through a couple of on line parts distibutors and saw a hydraulic clutch for the KLR. Have any of you installed this?

I used the search function but saw no results.

The kit was in the $250 to $260 range.

I value your opinions. Please share.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
I recall someone installing one a couple years ago, or at least asking about one, but I don't remember hearing any results or if he went through with it..

Anyone else??

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
I was looking through a couple of on line parts distibutors and saw a hydraulic clutch for the KLR. Have any of you installed this?

I used the search function but saw no results.

The kit was in the $250 to $260 range.

I value your opinions. Please share.

I would ask why what's the benefit? The stock KLR clutch cable doesn't require excessive force. Lube it once in awhile it will last as long as the rest of the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is a review on ADVRider. I don't have 15 posts so I can't link it. However I can tell you that if you search for "KLR650 Magura Hydrauic Clutch" then you will find it.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've never ridden a KLR with a hydaulic clutch but I have ridden a KTM with the clutch. And I must say that it was the next best thing to sex. That would be the ultimate Farkle in my book.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
And I must say that it was the next best thing to sex.
:confused: I've ridden KTM with juice clutch and while pretty nice, just short of sex?? :)

A lot has to do with the settings inside the juice clutch. My old V Strom had a really heavy pull for a juice clutch.. My Wing and VFR are juice, and while nice, I can't put them even in same catagory as sex.. Now BACON, that's in the sex catagory. :D

·
Premium Member
1,534 Posts
Agreed, no real benefit for a hydraulic set up on the KLR. Clutch pull is minimal stock. Simple is better, the only thing that could go wrong is a broken cable. Hydro presents several possible problems....fluid contamination / loss, seals in both the master and slave cylinders to wear and leak. The only real benefit would be to overcome a hard lever pull due to stiffer springs and that's dependent on the master to slave proportions.

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
If you have a hard to pull clutch, pony up the $8 for a new cable, lube it and install.. Problem solved..

·
Registered
257 Posts
:
:confused: I've ridden KTM with juice clutch and while pretty nice, just short of sex?? :)

A lot has to do with the settings inside the juice clutch. My old V Strom had a really heavy pull for a juice clutch.. My Wing and VFR are juice, and while nice, I can't put them even in same catagory as sex.. Now BACON, that's in the sex catagory. :D
Doesn't say much for my sex life, does it! :ashamed0001:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:

Doesn't say much for my sex life, does it! :ashamed0001:
Maybe you should check your "Do". When I turned 50, I scheduled an appointment and had my "Do" checked. Although the experience was kind of embarrassing and uncomfortable, (due to the Doctor having freakishly large hands and a desire to "Chat" while he was working), overall I felt better to know my "Do" was ok.

It's all in your head, usually.

$8 bucks for a clutch cable. I'm in. I guess sometimes I don't know when to stop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts