Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I bought my 2014 KLR 3 years ago with Tusk crash bars already installed. One of them snapped, so I’m replacing them. As I’m replacing them, I realize that the front engine mounts … are nowhere to be found. Part 32190 on this part diagram. The PO must have mistakenly removed them when installing the crash bars. So I’ve been riding my KLR (and riding it hard, btw), for 3 years with no front engine mounts. :cool:
Product Gadget Automotive design Font Camera accessory

First of all, I’d like to conveniently think that the fact that my engine hasn’t just fallen onto my skid plate while tearing up BDRs shows that the mount was unneeded anyways, but obviously I’ve just gotten lucky, and I’m putting unnecessary strain on the other (2?) engine mounts.

I’m leaving for a trip in 2-3 days and I’m gonna run to my local kawasaki dealer to see if by CHANCE they have these engine mounts in stock, but I highly doubt they will. I’m only able to find the part on revzilla which will take too long, or ebay used which will take too long.

So, option 1: I can try fabricating the brackets. In reality, I only need the flat triangular piece you see in the picture. Apparently the curved piece was used to mount the stock skid plate (am I correct on that)? Can someone confirm that the brackets are steel? And can anyone tell me about how thick the steel is? And what’s the purpose of the big hole in the middle of the flat triangular piece?

and option 2: anyone in southern colorado want to sell a pair of front engine mounts to a poor soul? apparently the flat triangular piece is the same for gen1s and gen2s.

Thanks, and please don’t ask me “how didn’t you notice this over the past 3 years?” I’ve been asking myself the same thing. In the meantime, probably a good idea to check the condition of the other mounts.

·
Administrator
4,430 Posts
Rocky Mountain ATV shows 8 in stock at $23 each. No idea how fast they could get to you. Utah to Colorado shouldn’t take long.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts