Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have always liked the way the KLR650 has looked and I should have bought a 2008 when I had the chance. From what I hear, they are a significant improvement.
I have a 1986 Honda VF1000R that I would be interested in trading
for a KLR650. I would like a post 2005 and more preferably a 2007 KLR650 because around where I live they average about $3900 and that is about $600 less than my bike is worth when fixed. I can send several pics. I have about 25,600 miles on mine and a person came to see it yesterday and said it was in amazing condition except for the one fairing problem. However, I have the replacement fairing that needs painting and sanding. I even have the replacement stickers.
If anyone is interested, let me know. I need a dual purpose bike badly. Mostly because I want to hop in the grass during stopped traffic. PLus, I'd like something for beginner dirt play and can't afford to have my VF1000R and buy a small dirt bike. I see the best of both worlds with the KLR. Plus, my girlfriend is in the Marines and one of them is willing to switch me to the diesel engine for free if I wish. However, I am not sure if that's a good idea.

·
Administrator
3,608 Posts
Don't listen to bad advice - the red ones are faster!

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
RED!!!
Way to go... Welcome to the insanity!

MB4

·
Premium Member
688 Posts
Nu uh.......red ones are the fastest.

Green ones just look prettier!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts