Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Neat foot bridge just off the Moonshiner:

N 35.32544, W 83.52328

To visit this bridge, from Bryson City drive west on US 74 approximately ten miles. Turn left on Needmore Road just before Hwy 28 North. Continue south on Needmore for about four miles to the bridge.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's the SM500 route?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just walked this bridge last weekend, The sign says max of 4 People on the bridge at one time. Some of the planks are pretty sketchy

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live on the other end of Cherohala skyway in the vicinity of Tellico Plains , The cheoah river is great smallmouth bass territory . anybody camped at the shelter cabin on the Big Fat Gap road ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was confused . This picture looked like the bridge on the Cheoah River about halfway between Robbinsville and Tapaco lodge . It is early and I am old .The Little T is also a great smallmouth fishery and I do now recall that bridge . Too bad the free camping spots along the little T in that area have been eliminated .

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yes....SM500 will be one of 3 rides to choose from that weekend (SM500, Bootlegger Jr., and CO-ML). I have seen, but never crossed that bridge.

The CO-ML is the Cherokee Over-Mountain Loop that I have been working on since last fall. Hoping Steve will take a group on it as it's inaugural trip...and give me feedback afterwards. My plan is to lead the SM500 and John lead the 'shortened' version of the Bootlegger (northern half).

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
170 Posts
I knew that bridge looked familiar. I have seen it a few times

1 - 14 of 14 Posts