Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep buying crap. I just bought a drone. I don't need a drone! Things just pop in my head and they appear on the porch! Santa comes almost every day.

·
Premium Member
5,602 Posts
Don't feel bad. Awhile back I bought a Helko Werk Expedition axe from Amazon. Once I got it, it was so pretty I bought their matching Voyager hatchet.

I live in an apartment. I have no real use for either of them. Damn but if they're not gorgeous, though!

I also bought a five-foot long, 2-man Garlick and Son crosscut saw but I "use" it. It serves as a decoration on one of my walls.............

·
Registered
92 Posts
Last year my Amazon account was hacked and the hacker had bought themselves a 500€ gaming processor. Thankfully my bank sends messages to my phone stating that I authorise payments.
I didn't recognise this one and cancelled the payment.
The hacker had tried to change the delivery address from mine to a pick-up point.

Amazon didn't want to know which makes me think that it was an inside job!!

I cancelled that account and now ask my son to buy things for me on his Prime account.
A couple of days ago I asked him to get me some tungsten TIG welding rods, but apparently they were to be 'drop shipped' from China and no delivery date could be provided.
The Amazon page where these rods appeared seemed to show them stocked locally, and only when the checkout info came up did it show they would come from China.

I've since ordered them from a reputable UK welding supply company who have them in stock.

James.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I am well aware that this is a old thread brought back to life by a semi-newb, but I really AM trying to bypass Amazon and buy from either the manufacturer or a bike supplier. (like Eagle Mike's) That said, do you have recommendations of who to use OR who to avoid??

Thanks in advance,

Pipe

·
Premium Member
7,491 Posts
I suggest that you support your local Kawasaki dealership when ever you can. They will have direct access to genuine OEM parts as well as many brands of aftermarket parts & accessories.
If you think their prices are high, at least ask them if they could try to come close to any internet or mail order price you might find, before you spend your money out of city, county, state or country.

Many people who do not have a local dealership do use RMATV/MC, including me.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I always try to buy direct from the manufacturer, especially if they're a smaller operation. For example, bought my LED tail light direct from Happy Trail and my Thermo-Bob directly from watt-man.com.

Next up is my local dealer. Unfortunately, the closest Kawi dealer closed last year. There are others, just have to pick which one I'm going to start a relationship with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts