Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got into a bit of trouble this weekend with my 07' 650... It winded up sliding out on me in some muddy sand like substance. I was only going 10-15mph but it went down kinda hard. At first I thought the handlebars might have gotten bent, but upon further inspection it looks like they just got knocked out of line. My question is whats the best/easiest way to attempt to realign the front end?
Thanks in advance!

:35a:

·
Premium Member
4,751 Posts
Support the frame of the bike and loosen your fork tube clamps. Should go back to straight with a couple bumps of the front wheel. Happens fairly often when going down on a dirtbike, and it's an easy fix.

Loosen, bump, and tighten.

You need to support the frame so the forks don't slide down the clams, by the way.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was hoping it would be something like that, unfortunately it's raining today so I probably won't get to it for a few days. Seems its just like when I used to go down riding my bmx bike when i was younger except with those someone could just hold your front tire and you could turn them back straight! =D Thanks for the advice hopefully I don't take a bunch of spills like this again in the future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
If it's just a little off, stand in front of the bike and catch the front wheel between your knees to hold it. Grab the bars and twist hard in the direction needed. Check and repeat if necessary.

·
Registered
507 Posts
This is kinda like the preceeding post except easier I think. Put the front wheel against a phone pole or fire hydrant or similar and then give the handle bars a tweak in the direction you need the front end to go.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts