Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my ride yesterday, my tailbone hurt like it had been bruised or something. What seat maker is better in you guys opinion for a more comfortable seat? Is it true that the later gen 2 seats were better than the earlier gen 2 seats? Thanks in advance for the guidance!

·
Administrator
3,939 Posts
The 2014.5 edition and on came with an upgraded seat.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I put one of the 2014.5 seats on my 2009 and am really happy with it. It is firmer that the '09 seat, and narrower in the front which makes the reach to the ground a bit easier. Also they can be had for minimal $$, so if you don't like it, you can pass it on.

·
Registered
97 Posts
after my under side found a corbin less than ideal (too crowned beneath the jewels), i found one of these used for about $150;

on a budget? you could try the atv seat pads.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I had the same problem on my 2012. I put a Sargent on mine and could not be happier. It is cut thin on the sides at the front of the seat so you can still slide forward and get your feet down. Slide back just a little and you have a wide seat for highway riding comfort. You are just going to have to try one and see how it works for you. The seat that works great for one person will be horrible for the next.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I second Art W.'s comments and experience. Changed my 2014 with a 2014.5 and it made all the difference. Its a few inches wider at the operators area and about 6" wider at the passengers seat giving loads more support. Can go for many hours now.

·
Premium Member
2013 KLR 650/692, 2017 HD Electraglide Ultra
1,408 Posts
The 2014.5+ seat is an improvement over earlier seats, but a well-fitted custom seat is much better yet. At least for my “bum.”

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
"The new seats are better than any other seat IMO. I had a sargent, i'm long in the leg, even the regular height sargent was too low for me.

The New Edition seats once broken in are stellar iMo, if you're tall enough :)'

36 inch inseam, I'm a long legged feller!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts