Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I miss the clock I had on my zuki. I am unable to wear a watch due to a skin condition and I would like a way to tell time both day and night. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
517 Posts
I took a digital clock from a old toyota truck and it just needs a constant hot, a negative and a switched positive for night illumination. I also have a digital clock from an old mazda rx7.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks those are some nice clocks but...

I'd have to glue it to my face shield to see it. I wish they made them larger.

I'm just a blind ol' fart, half the time I drive by braille.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Couple of months ago, OReillys auto parts had some stick-on analog clocks about 1 1/2 inch diameter. Not lit tho.

·
Registered
517 Posts
A quality gps will have a clock.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not sure if quality is an issue with you, but I managed to find digital clocks at a local "dollar store".

$2.00, adhesive backing (which needs a little more tape) and colour matched to my 2006 Red/silver KLR.

So I bought 2 of the them and the first one is still going after a year and half.

The numbers are large enough to see,,,,,,, just mounted above the gauges.

Sorry no photo...

or you could go to you local Harley store as I have seen clocks and thermometers there. (HD....$100.00)... nice chrome,

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the ideas guys.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey, DRGibson, did you find a clock ???

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No not yet I've been too busy to really look.

·
0 Posts
I went to walgreens and bought a $9.99 digital watch with big numbers, took off the band and attached it with industrial velcro to the panel behind the headlight, and used an angled piece of aluminum to aim it at me. You have to push a button to activate the light, but it works and I can see how late I am when I hit the parking garage at work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts