Discussion Starter #1
An 8mm, 1.25 tap and Die plus a 6mm, 1.0 and a pair of 10mm
1.5, and 10mm, 2.0. with die for each. What is your submission
inmates???

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Adjustable wrench, pump pliers, vice grips ( 3 sizes ), and line pliers. Tape and wire to hold things together till ya get home.

·
Premium Member
6,860 Posts
An 8mm, 1.25 tap and Die plus a 6mm, 1.0 and a pair of 10mm
1.5, and 10mm, 2.0. with die for each. What is your submission
inmates???
I didn't even know they made a 10mm x 2.0 pitch thread.

5mm x 0.8 / 6mm x 1.0 / 8mm x 1.25 / 10mm x 1.25 / 10mm x 1.5 / 12 mm x 1.25 / 12mm x 1.5 are my most commonly used Taps & Dies. And an 8 thread Metric Thread File for larger axles & shafts.

But my two Most Used Tools on bikes & atvs are my flat blade pocket screwdriver & my 4" long 1/4" drive ratchet, bar none!
This reminds me, I ought to have the Snap-On guy rebuild my 1/4 drive ratchet, again.

Reactions: Fanbelt

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Correction
10mm 1.25 and 10mm 1.50,,

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn’t even know about JIS screw drivers till about five years ago. I have a #1 and #2 point
From Amazon, they are my go to for everything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Everyone else here had great entries but I really have to be grateful for my trackside rear stand. It's definitely been one of my most used tools with my Pitbull front stand. It's usually the first step before I do anything else.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I use a tail stand as well. I find them very handy.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
That T handle socket set looks handy. Been assembling a travel tool set and trying to be thorough without going terribly crazy.

Best tool? Besides this forum, my torque wrenchs. I have many ways of turning a fastener, but just 2 to get it tightened to spec. One for small inch pound fasteners and a gig un.

2nd fav is my 18v 3/8" impact. Seriously handy tool. Stripped most of my '89 4Runner with it.

·
Administrator
8,374 Posts
My excursions on two wheels are not limited to motorcycles. I'm a rather avid cyclist these past 50ish years. I have been riding this, in one form or another, since 1974:

Campagnolo is a well-known brand in the cycling community and has been for almost 90 years. They also make wheels found on high-end Italian cars.

And this, for a mere $250;

I don't have one.

Reactions: samuel
1 - 20 of 28 Posts