Kawasaki KLR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I want to restore my 08 KLR back to it's stock height, I've read the installation procedure's (I'm assuming the reverse of installation), when you remove the dogbones, do you the simply bolt the swing arm to the frame pivot bracket. I've got a MC jack and torque wrench.

·
Registered
269 Posts
not sure about gen II but you will need the orginal links, no?

·
Registered
663 Posts
Hey man,
Why are taking the links out? I am 5.6 tall and my bike sits to tall for me. What are you going to do with the dog bones?

·
Lifetime Member
2,483 Posts
I put mine back up to stock height shortly after I bought it. Luckily the original owner gave me the original dog bones, so I removed the lowering ones and put the originals back on. Don't forget to put the forks back to stock height as well. When the lowering links are installed most owners drop the triples on the forks approximately the same amount. So, if you had a 1 and a half inch drop in the back, the fork tubes might be sticking up an inch and a half above the triples. You just have to loosen the pinch bolts (bike supported on jack of course!) and slide the fork tubes down until the top of the tube is flush with the triple. Mind you thats the tube itself, not the cap. I like mine much better at the stock height, I can't flat foot it anymore, but it feels much better. Lol, I sold my lowering dogbones the next day :)

Edit: Mines a 2nd gen as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts