Kawasaki KLR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been riding my 2007 about once a week on my 50 minute work commute for the last two years without incident. Last week I noticed the idle changed and stumbled from the normal 1200 rpm down to about 600 where it would often stall. Yesterday's ride had it stalling every time I pulled the clutch in on deceleration. It was a scary commute trying to keep the engine rpms up in stop and go traffic. I debated running a can of seafoam through it, but do these symptoms sound like something more involved than cleaning the carb?

· Registered
2022 KLR650
1,412 Posts
^^^Agreed. A can of seafoam will certainly clean things up, and I run a can every 3,000mi.
Your symptoms do sound like a vacuum leak to me as well.

· Premium Member
12,571 Posts
Check the small vacuum hose between fuel tap & carb to be sure it is not split or not fully installed onto the nipples.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the small vacuum hose between fuel tap & carb to be sure it is not split or not fully installed onto the nipples.
I believe that this hose was the culprit. I started tearing down the carb for cleaning and found that this hose was loose. Whether it was bumped off during my inspection and disassembly or actually the original problem, I'll find out after reassembly. I've got a new rebuild kit on order. Thanks for your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts